Although the ventilator is a ventilation device that does not require electricity it has several disadvantages, such as it often freezes when there is no wind, or when it rains, rainwater may leak the gap. It should be installed on a tall building to received proper airflow. Therefore, the ventilator is not an effective ventilation system.
Precautions before installing the ventilator
First of all, you should know the basic operation of the ventilator which are 2 principles below
Method 1: Operate by using cool air that blowing into the building. Naturally, cold air is heavier than hot air. Therefore, when cold air enters the building, hot air is pushed up to go outside. through the ventilator.
Method 2: Operate by using outdoor wind to help spinning. Only strong enough wind would enable the ventilator to work. While it is spinning, it will suck out the hot air in the building. Therefore, in order for the ventilator to work properly, it should be installed on a tall building so the airflow is not blocked.
Disadvantages of using ventilator
1) If the building has a barrier that block wind flow from the bottom to the top, the ventilator wont spin and cannot be ventilate.
2) In rainy season, the rain water can splash into the barrier, through the ventilator hole.
3) For home use, if the door or window is closed, there will be no cool wind pass through the house. then, the hot air cannot be vented through the ventilator.
Solar roof ventilation fan is an alternative to ventilators
Solar roof ventilation fan is an alternative to ventilators because it has developed from disadvantages mentioned
1) Even the building has a wind barrier from the bottom to the top, solar roof ventilation fans still can ventilate heat from the building because it uses solar energy converted into electrical energy to drive the motor.
2) Prevent rainwater leaking into the gap in rainy season. This is because the exhaust vents are designed to drain out at the bottom of the fan.
3) When the door or window is closed, solar roof ventilation fans can still ventilate the heat at the attic.
A good ventilation system will help reduce heat in a building or house resulting in saving energy on air conditioner and making the residents feel comfortable.
- By: DWA COOL
- 0 comment
Leave a Reply