Many probably have seen solar light comes in various designs and types and may have bought and installed some t home because solar light are inexpensive, easy to install and save on electricity bill.
But many may not yet know about types of solar light and other benefits.
Solar light type
1) Stand alone or Off-grid: This type of solar light consumes only solar power without connection to the power lines (Grid Tie) such as solar street light and solar light.
Advantages: Can be installed anywhere with direct sunlight.
Disadvantages: Once battery worn out, it won’t light up, battery maintenance cost is required, does not function without sunlight.
2) Hybrid AC/DC: It is a combination of electricity consumption from solar panels and power lines.
Hybrid AC/DC working system
- Powered by solar to keep the light working at daytime
- Use electric power from the electricity grid to keep the light working at night
This system should be used mainly in the daytime, such as offices, factories, schools, etc.
- Advantages: 24/7 use, no battery replacement costs required as it has no battery.
- Disadvantages: Cannot be used in emergency as it has no battery.
3) Hybrid AC/DC + Battery: A combination of electric consumption from solar panels and power line and in the meantime it stores electric power for nighttime use, emergency use or in case of power failure.
Hybrid AC/DC + Battery working system
- Powered by solar energy to keep the light working in the daytime.
- Use the accumulated electrical energy in batteries or power lines to keep the light working at night.
This system should be used at house, office, factory, hospital etc. to support emergency use.
Product details: Solar light
Example of Solar Light Installation
- By: DWA COOL
- 0 comment
Leave a Reply